If you like chocolate and mint, and really who doesn't?, you will love Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies. Only four ingredients! How easy is that? I've made these for neighbors and for the doctors, nurses and pharmacists who have been so kind, helpful and instrumental in my mom's recovery.
- 1- 18.25 oz box Devil's Food cake mix. Did you know not all cake mixes are the same size? For this recipe you need a 18.25 oz mix.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1- 4.67 oz package Andes Mints (28 pieces), unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. It takes about 5-7 mins of mixing to moisten all the ingredients.
- Next you have two choices: My preferred method is to transfer the mix onto a large piece of waxy paper and shape into a log and then slice the log into cookie sized pieces and then press the Andes into the cookie. The other method is to scoop out just enough dough to cover the mint, about a tablespoon and then press the Andes into the cookie. The first method is easier for me because it is easier to make uniform sized cookies. Make sure the mint is covered entirely.
- Place cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place on wire racks to cool. Makes 28 cookies.
Fresh outta the oven.